Sunlight reflection on 300M dash

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300' started by Bunky Monk, May 23, 2005.

1. Bunky Monk

Bunky Monk Guest

Anyone else have a problem with glare on top of the 300M dashboard??. Don't know if ours is a problem because someone got too happy with the Armorall or whether all of them are like that. Ours is two tone beige on the top of the dash. When the sun shines in brightly, it is a big problem. I even thought about putting a dull black cloth up there to improve the situation.

Bunky Monk, May 23, 2005
  2. Bunky Monk

Steve Guest

I have the same problem. It appears to be a design flaw, and I could see it being fatal. I have learned to live with it, I ignore it and look through it. You could wear polarized glasses when it is really bright. Don't wash your dash with anything that will make it shine more.

Anyone else have a problem with glare on top of the 300M dashboard??. Don't know if ours is a problem because someone got too happy with the Armorall or whether all of them are like that. Ours is two tone beige on the top of the dash. When the sun shines in brightly, it is a big problem. I even thought about putting a dull black cloth up there to improve the situation.

Steve, May 23, 2005
  3. Bunky Monk

JR Guest

Same here, quite a problem when I ride directly towards the sun.

As with several other inconveniences I live with it. This car looks so good that it's worth it. (like the shampoo commercials, you know "because I'm worthless...")

JimR
    I have the same problem. It appears to be a design flaw, and I could see it being fatal. I have learned to live with it, I ignore it and look through it. You could wear polarized glasses when it is really bright. Don't wash your dash with anything that will make it shine more.

JR, May 23, 2005
  4. Bunky Monk

howard Guest

"Same here, quite a problem when I ride directly towards the sun.

As with several other inconveniences I live with it. This car looks so good that it's worth it. (like the shampoo commercials, you know "because I'm worthless...")

JimR
    I have the same problem. It appears to be a design flaw, and I could see it being fatal. I have learned to live with it, I ignore it and look through it. You could wear polarized glasses when it is really bright. Don't wash your dash with anything that will make it shine more. "
    ===================================================
    Not trying to be flippant, but:
    Move to the Oregon Coast.................What is that bright orange ball?????
    We never tan here, we just rust!
    Howard

howard, May 23, 2005
  5. Is a dash mat an option?

-- Christian

Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
    World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?section=10025&item=1072182
    ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html

Christian M. Mericle, May 23, 2005
  6. Bunky Monk

MoPar Man Guest

Light colored dashboards will reflect glare back to the windshield.

Same thing happens when you put something on a dark dashboard (papers,
    maps, etc).

You're not going to solve it by applying some coating to the dash
    surface.

Maybe wearing polarized glasses will help.

MoPar Man, May 23, 2005
Ask a Question