Keyless Entry and Daytime Running Lights

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by concordelover, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I have a 1999 Chrysler Concorde with a 2.7 Litre V-6 in it. All the research I have done has told me that these cars came standard with Keyless entry. I have called my dealership and asked them to run a VIN search for my car, instead they asked if I had a remote when I bought the car. I said no, they said then you don't have keyless entry. (There is a reason I refuse to do business with this dealership anyway). So, I have been able to track down a remote that will work for my car, but I can't find any instructions on how to do this without a remote. Can somebody tell me how, without my having to go into this dealership? I had a 1994 and a 1997 Concorde previous to this, and both of them i was able to program a remote myself, I just had to take the center bezel out where the trac cont switch was and ground the #4 terminal. is there a way to do this on the 99? Also, my car doesn't have daytime running lights, is there a way i can simply do this? Is it just a few wires? or more complicated than that? Just a push for the Concorde, as you can see this is my 3rd concorde and I fell in love with Concordes all over again. My 1994 concorde was the first car I had ever owned, I had it in highschool and everybody loved it becuase it was fast, big, and an awesome looking car. I just wish Chrysler didn't stop making them. I guess I will have to find comfort in its big brother, the 300 C. Thank you for your help

concordelover, Sep 25, 2005
  2. concordelover

maxpower Guest

research I have done has told me that these cars came standard with Keyless
    entry. I have called my dealership and asked them to run a VIN search for my
    car, instead they asked if I had a remote when I bought the car. I said no,
    they said then you don't have keyless entry. (There is a reason I refuse to
    do business with this dealership anyway). So, I have been able to track down
    a remote that will work for my car, but I can't find any instructions on how
    to do this without a remote. Can somebody tell me how, without my having to
    go into this dealership? I had a 1994 and a 1997 Concorde previous to this,
    and both of them i was able to program a remote myself, I just had to take
    the center bezel out where the trac cont switch was and ground the #4
    terminal. is there a way to do this on the 99? Also, my car doesn't have
    daytime running lights, is there a way i can simply do this? Is it just a
    few wires? or more complicated than that? Just a push for the Concorde, as
    you can see this is my 3rd concorde and I fell in love with Concordes all
    over again. My 1994 concorde was the first car I had ever owned, I had it in
    highschool and everybody loved it becuase it was fast, big, and an awesome
    looking car. I just wish Chrysler didn't stop making them. I guess I will
    have to find comfort in its big brother, the 300 C. Thank you for your help.give me the vin number and I can check to see if it has RKE, send it

maxpower, Sep 25, 2005
  3. If for some reason you feel you must, the least troublesome way to do it
    is with the module from www.webelectricproducts.com . (The same company
    also sells a center brake light flasher. Don't be tempted, this is illegal
    and unsafe.)

Daniel J. Stern, Sep 26, 2005
  4. concordelover

clemslay Guest

Hey, Dan,

This reminds me of the flicker some motorcycle
    headlights have. On a car one would think its
    a cop. It gets noticed, but distracts an equal