97 Caravan cluster problem

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by reigningscorpios, Aug 30, 2023.

1. I have been working on a 97 Chrysler caravan for my neighbor for a week now, and I am not having any luck.
    The problem is the instrument panel/cluster. It does nothing what so ever. Speed guage is pinned at120 and dead, fuel guage, nothing, no prndd ,,, LED board , no odometer board, no lights, nothing. There are no codes. There is power to it,
    I have re-soldered the joints for the plugs and any other that might have been a problem, then gave up on it and went and purchased another one, but same problem, it does nothing. All fuses have been checked and cleaned. The connectors have been checked for continuity. Done all that over and over and still no codes.
    I'm not a mechanic so I'm at a loss and don't understand what or how to check which power or signals it's actually getting, or not getting and I can't find anything online past the soldering. It works for all of them, but I'm the lucky one I guess.
    Any ideas? Sorry if I disappear for a bit. It's 5am and I need sleep, but please, throw what you can down here and I'll get to it as soon as I get up. I appreciate any help I can get.
    Oh, a couple more notes,, The van runs fine but there are also no warning lights above cluster either

reigningscorpios, Aug 30, 2023
Ask a Question